Happy New Year! Scripting Aloud kicks off 2019 with a staged reading Monday, January 21 of TAKE BACK, an original feature-length screenplay (drama/action) written by P. Cohen.
Local producer in attendance. Reader casting on the day from 5:30 pm (arrive early/on time!). Script reading from 6:30 pm. $2 Membership* at the door, cash only (good through the 2018-2019 season).
Cross-cultural scripts and writers — for our cross-cultural community, and a borderless audience. If this is your reality (or you want it to be), this event is for you!
*Scripting Aloud is a registered BC non-profit, producing script development and live staged reading events for 19+ attendees (same idea as film festival society membership fees)
DOORS/CASTING: 5:30 pm
READING/Q&A: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
VENUE: BC Artscape, Suite 308 (3rd Flr), 268 Keefer Street, Vancouver (between Main and Gore, where Hon’s Chinatown used to be). Elevator access to 3rd floor from street entrance/lobby on Keefer. Street parking and parkades adjacent. (Note: The Impark Parkade in the building closes at 7 pm and after that your vehicle will be locked in for the night.)
ACTORS: Reader casting starts from 5:30 pm, performers please arrive for then if you’d like to be considered. You’re welcome to bring a headshot/resume (reclaim at end of event).
SCRIPT ON THE TABLE:
FEATURE (Drama/Action) — TAKE BACK (full, 101 p): written by P. COHEN
BREAKDOWN: Full breakdown (+logline+synopsis) on the day, prelim below –
LEAD: 2 Roles (1 Female, 1 Male)
- 1 Female Open Ethnicity (originally Caucasian Cdn) 30s
- 1 M OE (originally Caucasian Cdn) 30s
PRINCIPAL: 5 Roles (1 Female/4 Male)
- 1 Female Open Ethnicity (originally Caucasian Cdn) plays 10yrs old
- 1 Male Open Ethnicity (originally Asian Cdn) 30s
- 2 Male Open Ethnicity (originally 1 Asian Cdn, 1 Caucasian Cdn) 40s
- 1 Male Open Ethnicity (originally Caucasian Cdn) 60s
ACTOR/FEATURED: 6 Roles (2 Female/4 Male)
- 1 Female Open Ethnicity (originally Asian Cdn) 30s
- 1 Female Open Ethnicity (originally Caucasian Cdn) 40s
- 4 Male Open Ethnicity (originally 3 Asian Cdn, 1 Caucasian Cdn) 40s
And if you’ve been “here” before: You know what this is, you know what to do! After a decade hiatus (something-something Life Happened), Scripting Aloud — Vancouver’s “reading diversity” public staged script development platform — returns. Our regular season runs fall through spring annually.